11 July 2011

back or not?

I keep thinking about writing this blog again especially now that we are moving again. I have really good memories of writing it daily in Tooting about the trials and tribulations of living in South London - the wall that vanished, the dildo on the way home from nursery and the evil darkness in the livingroom. And of course the readers whose comments I loved. So I'm hoping to restart the blog and see how it gets on.
Things have changed and not since I stopped in 2009. I have a daughter, Ig who is now 16 months old. She was ill for the first nine months of her life and was hell, screaming all day and refusing to sleep. Then one morning MrV sat her up and that was it. She stopped screaming, learned to crawl and is now learning how to walk. The FB has finished Primary 3 with lots of friends. He had a difficult few years working out how to be properly social and he's got it now just before we move. Hopefully he'll be able to keep going at the new school and he'll be ok. The Count is now 4 years old and is as mad as a bucket of frogs. And MrV well, he still works horrible hours and weekends, frequently cancels holidays at the last minute but he's wonderful. As for me, well the fat squatters are still hanging on in there, I still have days and days where everything seems too hard to cope with but I'm still reading and still sewing and getting there.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Velcro!!!! A voice from the past!!! Welcome back. I shall re-add you to my Favourites list so don't let me down, now!

Maybe I'm overdoing the exclamation marks but it's nice to hear your news. So Edinburgh's not good enough for you any more, huh? Couldn't be anything to do with the monsoon we've been having recently?

Pam said...

And congratulations on having a daughter. You and Vic Beckham, eh?

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

Wow! You're back! And on the move again! (thought I'd continue the over-use of exclamation marks!)

And you have a girl!

caramaena said...

Welcome back Velcro and congrats on your lg :)