26 February 2013

I love Tuesdays

I truly do, especially this Tuesday. Ig went to playgroup as she does every Tuesday (that we don't have stomach bugs, or the flu, or any other of the many viruses going around at present) and I get two whole hours of peace and quiet.
Today I worked on a pair of fingerless gloves - my hands get quite cold when I'm knitting, but the pattern was flawed and the glove I had knitted was too small. Then I found these on the web. Aren't they beautiful? So now I'm learning to crochet...
And all the time I'm listening to The Navy Lark and giggling.




Ig after playgroup, with sticks

4 comments:

Pam said...

Goodness, she's very very cute! But why is she standing on a ?? garage door? collapsed fence?

No Vol 2 yet, alas. Very twitchy. You think it's a bit stressful having a baby but it's much worse (stress-wise) waiting for a beloved daughter to give birth. You'll know this in 30 years but I won't be around to sympathise, at least I hope not, since I don't really fancy being 92. But I'll be thinking of you in some sort of cosmic way... .

velcro said...

She's standing on our old garage door that's waiting for the Council to come and pick it up and it's lying down flat to stop it from escaping into our neighbour's garden during high winds.
At least waiting for Volume 2 is less painful for you than your daughter but I hope she arrives soon

molly said...

Your little girl is adorable! How many years has it been? Glad to see you back...

Stomper Girl said...

The existence of Ig has come as a surprise to me! Congratulations! And nice to see you back on the blogs.