06 July 2007

Very Quickly Then

Am at my parents in Edinburgh for a few days while MrV does his stint as best man up north...

Move went pretty well. Finished dismantling bookcases at 3am last Thursday - photo of pile of books to follow. I wish I had a photo of the packers faces when they saw them! 60 boxes of books had to be moved.
Mother in law arrived on Sunday just in time for MrV and I to come down with a stomach bug!

Oh and well if you've been watching Wimbledon you'll know how the weather has been. I swear, we move into a place with a garden for the first time in over 4 years and what happens as soon as I put the keys in the front door, it starts bloody raining and doesn't stop! Arghhh

But the view from my kitchen window (yes I'll post a photo) is fantastic.

I'll be back sometime after the 12th when Tiscali finally get round to switching the tv and internet service back on.

11 comments:

meggie said...

So it is SNAFU then, the moving?
Nice you can get a little break. Shame about the rotten rain.

velcro said...

sort of Meggie, just with most of our stuff still in boxes. I promise to stop complaining and being stressed out sometime!

LBA said...

Sooooooooo glad I went to Wimbledon LAST year !!

We had but a smattering, otherwise, very nice outdoor, have a Pimms, weather.

I love Wimbledon, and the Tennis Museum there - it's very well done.

Good luck on the move !

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

60 BOXES OF BOOKS!!! I thought I was bad...but I don't think I could fill 60!

I'm over moving house...you have my complete sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Well, you sound pretty damn perky for all that, so I guess it can't be too tragic! I'm sure you're going to love the garden when the rain eventually lets up.

Stomper Girl said...

Well done on getting through the move. Looking forward to photos.

caramaena said...

Glad you found somewhere nice :)

60 boxes? Wow!

Caro said...

You like books too. Ah books.

Aunty Evil said...

We (I) missed you! Glad all is well, but busy I see.

I had to smile when you said you were in Edinburgh while Mr V is "up north"... from where I am sitting, you are already as far bloody north as you can go! (well, not really, but you know what I mean!)

60 boxes of books. Wow. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time up in Embra.

There's serious weight in those books, I'm surprised your house doesn't start subsiding!

nutmeg said...

I'm looking forward to the pics out your kitchen window :-)