27 October 2006

Friday's meme

courtesy of Pea Soup



1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?
from Kitchen Diaries (Nigel Slater):
"Crisp, clear and the sky looks like Sweden. One of those days when you get tricked by the bright, crystal sky and go out with one layer too few, then come home freezing cold. I had every intention of bringing back something for supper but, after eating Turkish mezze at lunch, come home empty handed and end up scouring the fridge and cupboards for something to eat"


2. If you stretch out your left arm - as far as possible, what are you touching?
umm a copy of Heat magazine (looks very abashed)


3. What's the last program you watched on tv?
Charlie and Lola


4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
4.25 pm I think (actually it's 4.18 so not bad)


5. Except the computer, what can you hear right now?
Boogie Beebies on CBeebies. The sun hasn't set yet so the nightly fireworks haven't started up.


6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
about four hours ago. The wee guy and I walked to Sainsburys did the shopping and walked home. He walked! both ways and round the supermarket. I am so proud.


7. What are you wearing?
oh god. Ok Pippi Langkous (longstocking) cartoon socks with holes. navy tracksuit bottoms. a rather nice dark chocolate brown vest top and a cream cardigan from Gap.


8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I can't remember, but a few nights ago I dreamt about martial arts.


9. When was the last time you laughed?
yesterday when my son fell in the toilet just after I had finished telling him how proud I was that he climbed onto the toilet by himself. He laughed too honest.


10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
behind me - 2 windows looking out onto the street
to my right - a close up of a parkbench with peeling paint and dead leaves, and an old map of Europe in German
to my left and in front - book cases and a painting of a beach in Lewis where my husband played as a child.


11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
no things have been quite mundane round chez velcro recently.


12. What do you think about this meme?
interesting


13. What's the last film you saw?
I can't remember. I tend to fall asleep through films if we watch them at home and we don't get access to babysitters very often.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
buy somewhere of our own to live, donate money to various members of the families, and invest the rest. I feel I should give to charity but I'm not sure which one I would choose.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
I have a terrifying fear of great white sharks in swimming pools to the point where I can't be the only person or even one of two people in the pool. I'm also not very happy about the dark.


16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt - what would it be?
I'd sort out the airconditioning on the London Underground and make it impossible for mobiles to work down there.


17. Do you like dancing?
in private yes, in public no.


18. George Bush?
the elder or the fool?


19. What do you want your children’s names to be, girl/boy?
When I was a teenager I thought Rainbow was a beautiful name for a little girl, 10 years ago I would have called her Russia, now I love the name Daisy.


20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Already have. Have lived in the Middle East, Germany, the US, Canada, Israel and The Netherlands. I would like to live in either Australia or New Zealand but because of the whole white shark thing I can't fly over vast amounts of water.


21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
I don't believe in God


22. Who should do this meme?

anyone who wants to.

No comments: