22 December 2008

Deck the halls meme

Nabbed from Meggie


Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Neither really. Can I have a glass of rose please?

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?
They're wrapped and put under the tree, but they won't go under the tree this year because due to the Count and his exploring fingers the tree has had to be put up behind the tv

Colored lights on tree or white?
Neither, but the tree is covered with lots of multicoloured decorations

When do you put your decorations up?
Is this apart from the tree? Hmm when they are finished being made really. Which they haven't yet...

What is your favourite holiday dish?
Roast chicken, roast potatoes, and stuffing. And don't forget the veg

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Making plans with my sister about who should wake up who if they were awake first. Oh yes and we also used to "wash" the bathroom walls on Christmas Eve to make sure they were clean in case Santa needed to use the bathroom. My mother used Santa as a great way to make us clean our bedroom (which was so untidy we would have to cut paths into it in the evening so we could get to the bedroom door) - everything had to be sorted out and tidied up completely incase Santa needed to check if we had a particular toy. We fell for it for years.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I had my suspicions when one Christmas Eve I heard my rather drunk father stagger into our bedroom (shared a room with my sister) and slur "where shall I put these?" to my mother. My suspicions were confirmed the next year when my sister and I decided to mark the fruit in the fruit bowl to see if any appeared in our stockings.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No, not unless you count a bottle of wine as a gift.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Every year we buy the children a tree decoration each so they go up, as well as any that they have made themselves and then assorted tree decorations we've bought or been given. The tree is tack personified.

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it until it turns to slush then freezes. We were deeply disappointed when a few weeks back the rest of the country got masses of snow and we got nothing.

Can you ice skate?
The last time I tried I could. Mind you that was 16 years ago. Is iceskating something you never forget?

Do you remember your favorite gift?
Sadly no I don't.

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with MrV and the boys

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Stollen

What is your favorite tradition?
Watching a really bad Christmas film on the eve of the 23rd accompanied by biscuits and cheese from M&S

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving?
Giving I think.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I spend every Christmas singing the few lines of "Santa baby"that I know over and over

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I suspect yuk

Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not as a grownup but it probably happened as a child. I know duplicate birthday presents were recycled.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Christmas, Velcro!

Anonymous said...

My favourite gift this year is my gorgeous Lin and Leo chocolate leather bag, and you're right the leather smell is divine!

meggie said...

A nice read. Thanks for doing this, it is interesting.